Foreign Investment Service Center
The Center for Foreign Investment Services (the Center)was established at the premises of the Organization for Investment, Economic and Technical Assistance of Iran, pursuant to Article 7 of “ the Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Act” of 2002. The Center is intended to provide an efficient organization for streamlining and expediting the affairs related to foreign investment undertakings in Iran. For this purpose, fully authorized liaison representatives from relevant executive agencies including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Commerce, the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, the State Organization for Tax Affairs, the Customs of the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Central Bank, the General Directorate for Registration of Companies and Intellectual Property, and the Organization for Protection of the Environment have been stationed at the Center. These representatives will assist foreign investors by ensuring efficient execution of the processing and services entrusted to their relevant agencies in connection with foreign investment projects.
Key services offered by the Center include:
• Dissemination of information and provision of necessary guidance to foreign investors concerning investment in Iran.
• Necessary coordination concerning the issues related to foreign investment including issuance of the declaration of establishment , the environment protection license, the permits for subscriptions relation to water, electricity, fuel and telephone, the license foe exploration and exploitation of mines, etc. from the relevant authorities, prior to the issuance of the investment license.
• Necessary coordination for the securing of entry visa, residence and employment permits for foreign nationals involved in foreign investment projects.
• Necessary coordination concerning issues related to foreign investments subsequent to the issuance of the investment license including registration of joint venture company, registration of order for importation of machinery and equipment, and issues related to importation and repatriation of capital, customs and tax affairs ,etc..
• Coordination among various official agencies in connection with requests and applications made by projects involving foreign investment.
• General supervision concerning the fulfillment of decisions surrounding foreign investment projects.
Conduct of affairs related to foreign investment by the Center has been organized in a manner that foreign investors can easily lay hand on all required information and services without any need for further referral to a host of different executive bodies. In fact, services rendered by the Center are not limited to prior-investment stages; foreign investors may, at any time and any stage ever after, refer to the Center and benefit from its services.
The performance of the Center since its establishment proves that the establishment of the Center is an effective step toward expediting the affairs of foreign investment undertakings. It is expected that further development of relations between the Center and foreign investors will increasingly enhance the efficiency of the Center in carrying out its assigned duties and responsibilities.
The Centers with the same tasks mentioned above established in the center of all provinces.